Friday, October 1, 2010

Welcome

So, as you can tell by my snobby blog name, I'm the creepy guy who walks around and watches you as you go about your day. You are probably oblivious to me because you walk straight forward with your gaze firmly ahead. My eyes are easily excitable and am a fan of peripheral vision. I'm a fan of flaneurship, which is basically a fancy word for "walking around and seeing what is there." When I travel, I spend most of my time walking down the streets while observing architecture and people watching.

Right now I live in Austin, TX and I'm a senior at UT Austin. Austin is an excellent place to exercise your flaneurship because there are so many varieties of people who interact on a daily basis. We have our business people who wear suits to their office jobs in a skyscraper downtown, you have the bums who wear what they've been wearing for the past 4 years on their way to, well, nowhere in particular. We witness the fraternity and sorority variety in their polo shirts and nike running shorts, respectively, juxtaposed next to the budding hipsters wearing vintage 1970s attire. Of course we have the smaller categories of people, such as the gym rats, the library weevils, and the stressed out natural sciences major. We all cross each other on the main mall daily. It's my goal through this blog to show you my observations of everyday life, whether they be funny or serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment